Centroid “Acorn” Step and Direction CNC Controller kit: a 4 axis CNC control with built-in motion control CPU.
A reliable, high performance, industrial quality CNC control at a do-it-yourself price. Acorn utilizes an integrated 1Ghz ARM Cortex A8 Motion Control CPU and communicates with CNCPC via a fast and reliable Ethernet connection. The Acorn CNC control board controls a wide variety of axis motors and drives with industry standard step and direction command signal. Perfect for many types of machine tools such as: CNC milling machines, a wide variety of CNC Routers, CNC lathes to CNC Lasers, 3D printers and other specialty applications. Compatible with small to large axis motors of all types and can be used with most any AC brushless servo motor drive packages such as: DMM, Delta, Estun, Teco, Teknic, Yaskawa and others. Any drive that accepts step and direction commands. Most all stepper motor drives are compatible with the Acorn board such as the popular Gecko and Leadshine stepper drives. Acorn runs on Centroid’s proven industrial quality CNC control software.
Centroid Acorn CNC controller kit (part # 14455) includes:
– Acorn CNC control board
– Acorn Plug and Play Relay Relay Module
– Dual power 5 VDC and 24 VDC logic power supply
(50/60 Hz 100-120 VAC and 208-240 VAC input power)
– Logic power supply hookup leads
– 110 VAC power cord
– 15’ Shielded Ethernet cable
– Centroid CNC12 “Free” CNC Mill and Lathe software download
– Touch Screen Responsive Operator Controls
– DIY self service CNC support thru Centroid Community CNC Forum which is Centroid Technician monitored and maintained.
(Note: A 1920×1080 wide screen LCD Display is required and a Touch Screen is recommended.)