This board serves as a basic dual relay board with 2 electromechanical relays.
• Fully optoisolated The card isolates connections to protect your computer from short-circuit. An opto-isolator is an integrated circuit that transmits the signal through an encapsulated LED and phototransistor. When the signal is on, the LED lights up, the phototransistor captures it and relays the signal. In that way, your computer’s electronics are completely isolated from the cnc circuitry. The signals are transmitted through light and not through physical connections. In this way, a power surge has no way of reaching your computer. That is the reason why this card has two power connections. One power connection is power powering the circuit that interacts with the PC, the other connection is for powering the circuit that interacts with your cnc system. Extra precautions have been taken when designing this circuit, by taking into consideration the extremely high voltages that stepper drivers can achieve and lack of experience that some users could have in wiring circuits of this kind.
• All TTL +5VDC. Interface directly with parallel port interface products and other cnc4pc.com cards. 5VDC (TTL) signals are very common among automation devices.
• It can be powered with +5vdc or a voltage between +7 and +24vdc.
• Works directly with popular CNC hardware and software. . Such as Geckodrive, DeskCNC or Rutex, and parallel port control software, such as mach2, Linux EMC, TurboCNC, CNCPlayer, CNCZeus and others. (Not all tested).
• Screw-On connections for all terminals. You only have to screw-on the wires to make all your connections.
• Works as a set of switches for powering your hardware. This board can be used for turning on or off spindles, enabling contactors for large spindles, coolant pumps, electro valves, etc.
• Controls 2 independent AC or DC devices.
• The relays can take loads of up to 10 amps 28vdc or 125VAC and 6 amps at 220VAC. Keep in mind that motors can draw up to 3 times the rated current on start up.